Sno-Safe Specifications in CSI Format
SECTION 07 72 53
- PART 1 - GENERAL
- A. This Section specifies snow guards for installation on sloped roofing.
1.01 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Refer to the following Section for roofing material specifications:
- Section 07 31 33 - Composition Rubber Shingles
- Section 07 31 53 - Plastic Shakes.
- Section 07 41 13 - Metal Roof Panels
- Section 08 63 00 - Glazed Skylights
- A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer's product data and installation instructions.
- B. Samples: Submit one full-size snow guard in color for approval.
1.03 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- A. Manufacturer Qualifications: Provide snow guards manufactured by a company with at least 15 years experience in manufacturing snow guards.
1.04 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- A. Deliver materials and products in unopened factory labeled packages. Store and handle in strict compliance with manufacturer's instructions and recommendations. Protect from damage.
- PART 2 - PRODUCTS
- A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Sno-Safe Snow Guards, LLC., PO Box 541, Chicopee, MA 01021, Tel. 413-592-0404, E-mail email@example.com, Website: www.sno-safe.com.
A. Polycarbonate Snow Guards: Sno-Safe Original Snow Guard, manufactured using polycarbonate, treated with ultraviolet stabilizer.
- Metal Roofing, Rubber Roofing, TPO Roofing, PVC Roofing, Glass Skylights: Attach with adhesive sealant.
- Metal Roofing, Rubber Roofing, TPO Roofing, PVC Roofing: Attach with screws.
- Color: Clear.
- Color: As selected by Architect from manufacturer's standard colors.
PART 3 - EXECUTION
A. Prior to start of installation, inspect existing conditions to ensure surfaces are suitable for installation of snow-guards.
B. For snow guards installed with sealant, verify forecasted temperature will be above 20 degrees F for 48 hours after installation.
A. Snow Guard Installation: Comply with manufacturer's installation instructions. Use manufacturer's recommended installation materials and installation tools. Attach snow guards securely. Clean adjacent surfaces after installation.
END OF SECTION